March – August 2014
Deciding to leave your jobs, life, family, and friends is a big decision and actually takes a lot of work. During this crazy, busy time we were just starting this blog and trying to soak up all possible time with loved ones. Below are a few reflections from this distinct period in the Peace Corps journey:
- Jumping Together – A glimpse into our decision to jump into the Peace Corps.
- Goodbye MRA – My Home Away From Home – Emily’s thoughts about leaving her school community.
- Redefining Productivity – A glimpse into how we spent our summer before our Peace Corps departure in August.
- A Web of Relationships – A Farewell to Portland – Andrew’s thoughts on leaving his West Coast home.
- Putting Up Corn – A Farewell to SoIL – Emily’s thoughts about storing memories for the long “winter” ahead.
- Peace Corps Nicaragua Packing List Round-Up – Written about a year into service, this post includes Andrew’s suggestions as well as links to some helpful Peace Corps Packing Lists (especially for PC Nicaragua).
To read more stories and experiences from this transition period of Preparation and Departure, click here.